The Free Territory or The Wild Fields? A Study in "Stated," & "Stateless" Views of Our History

Posted by Yunus E Yunus E
Beyond Occidental Historiography - The New/Old World without "the State"

    After advancing beyond the boundaries of occidental historiography – finally and definitively - via the Khan Tengri stories - where do we know find ourselves? Wherever it is... the territory we have entered is FORBIDDEN. Some of the severest CENSURE which can be applied, is reserved for those who trouble the myths upon which the foundations of EMPIRES – east or west – are built. We're here to do exactly that.

     The form which this censure takes can vary from being simply ignored – the common device by which kabbalists and fellow travelers in control of medias snuff out all voices alternative to their chosen narratives – or in other cases, ostracised as being ‘beyond countenance,’ such as is done with the work of those who choose to question the Holocaust Religion, by countering made up myth with inconvenient facts.

  Getting to grips with the archaic monsters which our histories have become, in the hands of manipulators - "Minotaurs" - as I have referred to them in previous stories... is something probably best done from the fringes... of Empires, of intellectual orthodoxies, and of popular acceptance. When we left Anatolia and the muddled east recently, to ride into Dasht-i-Kipchak, and the mists of time, we arrived first to the "Pontic Steppes." That area of what is now disputed, between Russia and Ukrania, north of the Black and Aral Seas. A vast region, of which the history is also much disputed, and of much import to the real history of what came to be called "Europe." A place unlikely ever to look the same, once we are done with our investigations!

    Thanks to our initial trail guide there - Murad Adji - it was quickly discovered that those who occupied that zone, far back in time, were much different in shape and character from the way that occidental history had portrayed them. "Barbarians" of the West calling the Peoples of the Altai "barbarians" of the East. Who was "civilized" and who was not became much more a contentious issue than before realized. How and when the religion we think of as "Christianity" came to the west also became newly contentious - as alternate explanations of it's antecedents and progenitors came to the fore
.
    It might be easier if we introduce the Pontic Steppes, or Dasht-i-Kipchak into our new story here, by using a more familiar term to occidental ears - "The Wild Fields - as it became known as in the middle ages. The Wild Fields is how Europeans thought of steppe lands - and Steppe culture. But here we intersect with some other stories I wrote for this platform - stories which went almost unread... yet reveal much of essence to the bigger picture we seek! Back when the fighting over Donbass was at it's peak, I wondered why all of the media reportage about the events there were so skewed towards either Russo-phile or European narratives. These two stories from back then

    What is hidden behind the “Novorossiya”https://storify.com/SuaveBel/what-is-hidden-behind-the-novorossiya-story-and-wh story – and why?
    The Mystery of the Missing Makhnovchina! More Suppressed History for the curious and unvaccinated mind! November 2014

    and the earlier

   Makhnovchina – “The Free Territory” – Is history repeating in Ukraine? https://storify.com/SuaveBel/makhnovchina-the-free-territory-is-history-repeati
    June 2014 - first precis of the developing situation in Ukrania

    both underscored my longstanding interest in 'stateless societies' and the doctrines of "Anarchism" which advanced them - as well as critiquing yet another mediatized effort on the part of opposing factions to represent the history of an area... in this case the Pontic Steppes... in false manner.

    The story of the "Free Territory" of the anarchist militias led by Nestor Makhno during the years 1917-21 is almost hidden to view. Successful on the battlefield, in defeating both "RED" & "WHITE" forces of 'the STATE," these guerrilla fighters represented the last breath of free men in the zone which would become the killing fields of the Bolshevik-drive "Holomor" - a genocide dwarfing the supposed Jewish one in Europe a couple of decades later. Only with the Black Flag militias finally driven from the field - by the joint efforts of two otherwise implacable enemies against them... was it safe for the Sabbatean agents of Wall St to pursue there campaign to bring Russia - and Russians - to their knees. It's a story which is heavily censured - as was my commentary about it's missing place in the Donbass reportage - and for a very good reason. Contained within it is the truth about the phony opposites we have been dedicated to battling against on these pages. Another chapter wherein "Fakelore" censors real history.

    But the simplest form of censor - and censure - is that within our own minds – minds which, having been formed around a series of interlocking explanations of who we are –and where we came from – are loath to entertain new notions about those identities and beginnings. Even above and beyond simple habit, itself a most powerful brake upon novel ideas, the wish within ourselves is to put aside the chore of relearning our identity and history –and get on with what we think of as ‘our lives!’ Why, implicitly one asks, reinvent the wheel?

    Perhaps that’s as good a place to begin this story as any – since apparently the question of who did indeed invent the wheel – as well as the horse stirrup, iron making, precious metal devising, and key agricultural advancements such as the heavy iron plough is in need of immediate review, in light of what we’ve already discovered here! If, as it seems, those technological innovations came out of the far East, via the Altaic culture, we already far outside the boundaries of occidental renditions of the human voyage. And having passed that boundary, we are, as was the theme of the recent GOLD FOR OIL Part Ten, forced to realize that there is nothing for it but to GO ON!

    And so we shall. Our new subject of study being a people and a culture almost totally erased from “history” as we are inducted into understanding the term, we must proceed as heretics to that “history,” seeking truths outlawed to others, and journeying to places off limits to the conventional mind. This is appropriate to the early pattern of work done on this platform – the joint themes of resistance to “STATIST” states of mind, and all programs which use hegemonies of religion, class, gender or ethnicity to define status in a given society!
    And as it turns out, the formulations of 'stateless societies' which the occidental world came to think of as the doctrine of "Anarchism" are of deeper and richer antechttp://barbarous-reliquary.36082.n8.nabble.com/edence than any western ideology by that name or any other. The roots of 'anarchism' are in the far eastern world of nomadic riders and pastoralist societies unwilling to suffer the organized terror of centralized rule!

    “Heretical” notions of social organization NOT based upon those mentioned divisions, having already become the norm on these pages, we are at least going to see some familiar flora and fauna in our new and strange territories of the mind. The stories about Mahknov and his Free Territory were prologue to our examination of very very old "Free Territories" and the peoples who lived in them... and hopefully, to their recreation some day soon, as polities of the present era, where people are again free to live outside the askance of "STATE" and 'statists!"

  TOPRAK VE TURNA: Self Governance & the middle eastern map

    And we could not begin with a ‘heritical’ look at the hidden past without referencing the hidden implications of the term itself! As implied in several past stories here – Her/ Story, as opposed to His /Story, is a parallel, sometimes competing and conflicting discipline, only in the beginning stages of even being considered possible to write. But written it shall be here,to the extent it concerns our bigger picture storyline! It’s no accident that the Greeks, among others, drew their picture of the fabled “Amazons” from the outlines visible to them in the form of “Scythian” women warriors, fearsome mounted females as adept with bow and spear as any male. Anymore than it’s an accident of \history\ that the Scythians themselves have been falsely attributed ethnic identities which remove them from their heritage as part of the Turkic world of the Altai, to misplace them amongst Iranians and the like.

    The handing over – by default – of all study of “Herstory”to self-identified “third wave Feminists of the western world has truncated, rather than deepened in some ways our understanding of the roles and identities of women in past erasof the human adventure. No less hampered by preconceptions, ideologies and subjectivities than the male researcher, most of these parties have hamstrung themselves - willingly or inadvertently – by adopting the historiological methodologies and baggage of occidental pseudo-sciences.Their accounts of the past, perforce, ring no more true than those of the complicit academics and scribes of the male persuasion.

    That said, there are of course, some priceless exceptions to that dross – whom we must call upon for assistance in guiding us along unknown sections of our trail. I’m particularly indebted to the work of Sîan Melville Hawthorne, in that regard, for providing in her thesis to School of Oriental and African Studies, University of London = ORIGINS, GENEALOGIES, AND THE POLITICS OF IDENTITY: TOWARDS A FEMINIST PHILOSOPHY OF MYTH, a suitable backdrop for a heretical study of Eurasian history.

    "Plato’s prioritisation of reason (logos) sought discursively to inscribe its authority through what Foucault suggests was a ‘delimitation of a field of objects’—that is, the exclusion of muthos from the scene of reason—by defining a singularly ‘legitimate perspective for the agent of knowledge and the fixing of norms for the elaboration of concepts and theories’, namely logos. Plato did this by aligning logos with truth and muthos with superstition and falsity'"

    The logos as a tool of phallic hegemonism fused with the power of mythos to muddle the facts of past eras. Can either be redeemed and redeployed as tools useful to our investigations? Or stripped of their gender-based connotations?

    Much like my own here, her work focuses upon the “myths of origin” and the politics of identity, though more from a gender perspective than the ethno-religious frame I prefer to employ. The two are complementary however, insofar as the discussion in both methods is built around the issue of Power – as a social device for building wealth, status and influence on behalf of a caste or group – at the expense of others! A heretical viewer of \history\must look for the ever-present dynamic of that device in all the data they put under review… as well as be willing and able to dissect narratives and descriptions with the intent of finding the coverups, rationalisations, and false witnessing endemic to the the History Industry.

    But where a writer coming out of the ‘fin de millennium’ era like Hawthorne leans heavily upon sources such as Foucault, Kristeva, and post-modernist intellectuals for support, we must forgo such influences, being of a different cast of investigator like Dupin, able to visualize "that which has never happened before, and place it in harmony with that which has repeatedly occurred. Not for us, the leavenings of a dying western intellectual culture, compromised in intent and execution by the kind of kabbalist campaign of deadly influence I described in the story Musings. We of the ‘post western’ world abuilding will find our inspirations from minds as likewise unlinked to the hidden hand of “history” writing.

    And now, for those very few still willing to follow along this new course of travel - and engage in the heavy lifting of re-examination of one's core assumptions about many things - I must further try your patience with some methodological notes here, before we go on. For this is indeed the place which was predicated in last summers' SYRIAN ENDGAME: Shifting Sands and Political Stands - Texas Holdem Near East Style

    which began as a synopsis of the geopolitical situation in the muddled east, as of the end of June 2016 - announcing the successful Russo-Sraeli coup against the Erdogan regime. And then became something much different. Written on the cusp of the phony coup of July 15 - and then finished in it's aftermath, the story straddles not just that huge divide in political chronology, but also the personal witnessing to the advent of a programmatic imposition of 'STATE TERROR' as impacting one committed to both witnessing to its' arrival, and staying free of it's effects. But buried in what became a very long and drawn out text was another important announcement - the arrival of the new/old form of "neo-journalism" which would guide all stories subsequent to it. Bouncing between my preferred role of historical chronicler and the imposed one of on the scene reporter, I would from that point on by necessity have to integrate the two into a unitary form of writing about a present which was repeating the formulas of a distant - unreported - past.

    By the fall, exhausted and indeed - terrorized - I had sworn off of the reporting of 'current events' in despair, and began a tenuous embarkation upon musings which would be considered 'out there' by most readers. And myself, for a while. Then, with the need to get caught up with the Reza Zarrab case - which I now recognized to be "the Bomb" - I plunged back into the reporters' role.... and wound up stymied for months in both facing increased censorship and the difficulties of integrating my two "personas" into one coherent style. Now... at last... it's come together beautifully! Not only do I feel at last united in myself, but the way forward in writing about my chosen theme - and, it has become clear to me - what will be my life's work... has become clear. For the first time.

    I'm excited, energized... and at the same time aware of the consequences of following through on this new trajectory. When I wrote, in Syrian Endgame -

  "Ironically, having virtually no audience, & no access to the usual social media to gain one,[this story explains to readers interested why I cannot use the twitter and like media] as well as no possible interest in being bought off/out, blackmailed or bullied in the now usual manner, has left me free to adhere to the now forgotten ethos of a almost extinguished craft of journalism. And therefore, free to present "the news" which is now an unwanted component of a media machine dedicated to producing it's hollow imitation.
    Burdened, in other words by neither thoughts of reward or punishment, I write what I choose, in manner suitable to evoke the memory of those giants of the craft whose legacy I admire most. This form of 'neo-journalism,' while having roots in the very western world tradition of the muckraker, takes liberty with that format by adding to it the essentially eastern world device of the raconteur/the diarist/storyteller, as evinced in works as diverse in outline as Herodotus' "Histories," Celebi's "Narrative of Travel," or the famous Baburnama - diary of the founder of the Mughal Empire" I was already aware that this new form of journalism as travel through time would be long in finding an audience. Perhaps longer than I would have left to complete my mission.

    But now I'm charged with the necessary relief from doubt to be able to plunge ahead - readership or no readership. And I often find myself thinking of the example of the amazing Afrikan Spir these days - a man whose very name (yes that's a real name of a real person!) conjures up mystery and conflicted impressions both. His legacy of obscurity may indeed end up being my own... but what company I would be keeping!

    Since it's pretty clear by now that this story, like Endgame before it, is going to be full of diversions and sidetrips ... I might as well get on with the African Spir diversion. Ha ha ha!

    Afrikan Aleksandrovich Špir(15 November 1837 – 26 March 1890 was a Russian Neo-Kantian philosopher of Greek-German descent who wrote primarily in German. His book Denken und Wirklichkeit (Thought and Reality) exerted a "lasting impact" on the writings of Friedrich Nietzsche. (Wikipedia)
    Most appropriate to our theme in this series - "Greek-German" descent. Perfect in fact. Similar to my own strange blending of ethnicity, the man's genetic heritage and both his born and chosen locations of living straddle the boundaries of the areas we are traveling through! Even his influence pon the German philosopher who would become so much better known than himself rings true to our movement through time and space here - the Anaximander series of 2015 was redolent with Nietzsche's work and the implications of his misinterpretations of near eastern history for western civilizations narrative about it's own beginnings.

    If forced to pigeonhole myself as the follower, or inheritor of any one man's legacy, in the 'transmigratory' sense of unconscious emulation - it would likely be Spir, whose intellectual eccentricity would leave him outside the accepted spheres of public knowledge and occidental influence. And yet a giant in the tradition of Thales and Anaximander themselves! And while in no way seeking to place myself any where's near the league of Spir at any point in his career, this quote of his -

    The doctrine expounded by me is the true one, but I am not its author. I have only been, so to speak, the soil in which it has germinated and has developed itself with an extreme slowness in the course of long years. Also there has never been such a disproportion between the man and his work than in my case, and what is the saddest is that one has to suffer because of the incapacity and the weakness of the other. A man more capable than me, possessing this doctrine, would already have stirred the world.

    rings true to what I believe are the implications of the work we have embarked upon here - work I seem fated to undertake, in the absence of any of greater abilities picking up the reins - which suffers only from the deficient powers of my own rather than any intrinsic to itself! I truly believe the study of our theme(s) here undertaken will indeed - change history - eventually! We'll have cause to return to Afrikan Spir, before long - for now, let's just mark the name as a reminder of the synchronicities which have marked out the path here so far. And I'll end this diversion with another quote from Endgame -

    All of which were written with the widest scope of interest in the Middle Eastern world as a whole, whilst attending to detail at the minutest local level, and apprising via innumerable vignettes and remembrances, insight of astonishing importance to our understanding of those past times. Such personalized recounting takes us directly back to a more true - and comprehensive meaning of the term 'journalism' in contrast to what the term is commonly understood today to involve.

    as witnessing to the way in which past and present characters - just like S
pir and myself - must be woven together in the texture of this story. For we are ALL actors in it!
    If it's "the STATE" in all it's manifestations which concerns us here in ongoing manner, that's likely because the functioning of societies outside of "state" structures is an example of that which is "forbidden." The very proposal that people can function collectively outside of these centralized structures is treated derisively by 'serious scholars' - for whom the absence of such organization perforce means "barbarity," "chaos," or "anarchy."

    As it happens, lack of "state" mindedness was a keystone of the Turkic world. We view the long history of their wanderings as not just the legacy of pastoralists in pursuit of new grazing, but also as the record of peoples free to move as they desire - free of the dictates of states which prefer individuals bonded to one - easily taxed and controllable locale, in other words! If nomadism is equated with barbarism, or lack of culture, that may be due to errors of judgement on the part of those doing the gathering of history, more than product of any trenchant facts.

    The gathering of 'facts' and the gathering of 'history,' as it turns out, are not one and the same thing. Academics zealously - and jealously - guard the gates of "disciplines" such as history in the same manner that priests guard the precincts to our spiritual connections to the universe at large. Both are organized rackets which work in tandem even sometimes - with the aim of both monopolizing their respective 'territories' and of ostracizing those who would dare challenge their right to do so. Hidden behind the pretenses of the so-called 'social' "sciences" is a largely subjective body of work which reflects more the prejudices and paymasters of those who 'study' the humanities than any collation of objective facts. You can collect any manner or number of dry weight facts, without coming a whit closer to having a factual account of 'history' to show for it - as all facts must be subject to 'interpretation;' which is where the mischief enters - mis-interpretation of facts being the hallmark of the hallmark of occidental systems of knowledge gathering. Here again, I must return to Syrian Endgame, to state the case - starting with a quote from Gilad Atzmon:
    "“Rather less attention has been paid to the curious appointment of two historians (which seems a lot, out of a total of five), both strong supporters of Tony Blair and/or the Iraq war. In December 2004 Sir Martin Gilbert, while pointing out that the "war on terror" was not a third world war, wrote that Bush and Blair "may well, with the passage of time and the opening of the archives, join the ranks of Roosevelt and Churchill" – an eccentric opinion that would seem to rule him out as a member of the committee. Sir Lawrence Freedman is the reputed architect of the "Blair doctrine" of humanitarian intervention, which was invoked in Kosovo and Afghanistan as well as Iraq.

    Both Gilbert and Freedman are Jewish, and Gilbert at least has a record of active support for Zionism. Such facts are not usually mentioned in the mainstream British and American media, but The Jewish Chronicle and the Israeli media have no such inhibitions, and the Arabic media both in London and in the region are usually not far behind.”

    and then my summation of the implications of his indictment of the "historian" caste:

    "All of which points not just to the sadly diminished state of modern "scholarship" - clearly now nothing more than a useful component in a gigantic media machine built to forge an irreality out of the previous bedrock of reality on which history needs sit, but also to the complete lack of oversight on the part of a 'journalistic' community which - heretofore - would have jumped all over such obvious mistruth, distortion and mendacity. Alternative or mainstream, in other words, there is no real critical eye anymore which casts it's gaze over events and their players with the aim of returning us all to 'the real story.'"

    Like Spir himself, I've purposely avoided all academic 'credentializing,' staying outside of the world of complicit "scholarship" and intellectual mafiyas. i don't rely upon such, and frankly, don't need it. I've acquired a talent for sniffing out facts and then turning them into real chronicles of history - and I'm ready to use those intellectual muscles to the max at last. The long delayed start to a book form of this meandering investigation may at last be approaching - a preliminary look in at that project a couple of years back _
    Has Europe Begun It's "Final Descent?" (with image) • SuaveBel

    put on hold by the exigencies of a rapidly developing geopolitical storyline which forced me out of journalistic retirement - and into the saddle of a horse with no name - but of fiery character! That freezing of a beginning book project was a good call at the time - as the frame of reporter took priority - but the fruits of that passage of time in the journalistic trenches now return in the form of a renewed opportunity to get on with that delayed task. In fact the happy co-joining of past and present perspectives under one 'neo-journalistic' umbrella is something I bore witness to recently in the story
    Physis and Techne - Resolution of False Dichotomies (with images) • SuaveBel

    "For if anything needs be highlighted about the world view held by the parties most responsible for the turmoil, bloodshed, and fear that stalks the middle eastern lands, it would be the eschatological leanings embedded there. Stories such as "Creative Destruction" - the Millenarianist Agenda"

    have indicated the manner in which the ideologies of all the various factions supposedly opposing each other in the middle east - the Sionist, the Islamist, the "Christian-Zionism" of the neo-lib/neo-con, even portions of the Orthodox Russian factions or the Iranian Shia - all are united in the description of millenarianism I have identified as the marker of the modern madman... the psychotic personality driven by their hatred and fear of 'the other' to imagine a world rid of all save those identical to themselves! The prescription for such a terrifying and maniacal vision is always the same in essence - imposition, by means of the Terror State, of a furious "cleansing." A "blood sacrifice" type of cleansing by the STATE in it's theocratic function as Deity and Law Giver purges the society of the opposition to it's totalitarian mandate."
    Nothing could more clearly bring into focus the relevance of past history and present events that that passage! The "State" and it's religious trappings are a unity of TERROR, both now and in the past. Then, slipping back in the present for a moment -
    review the reality/irreality of the TERROR STATE mentality we are living with daily now in Anatolia:
    Thumbnail for Erdoğan guard threatens woman with rape on social media | Turkish Minute
    Erdoğan guard threatens woman with rape on social media | Turkish Minute
    https://www.turkishminute.com/2017/04/23/erdogan-guard-threatens-woman-with-rape-on-social-media/
    TM
    yet another chilling reminder that those who imagine any great degree of separation between the barbarities of past states and those of the present are guilty of fictionalising the facts. Evil is the thread which winds constantly through the historical narrative! As in - the evil men doeth - to others! Which should make crystal clear the relevance of this other passage from Physis and Techne:
    But getting back to Heidegger, and the real purpose of all historical enquiry - to know ourselves- 'Thinking out;' 'from being itself', 'the essence of history.' You don't see a putting together of words with a heft such as that very often in these days of lightweight, "disposable" thinking and writing! But what does that have to do with 'journalism?' one can well ask. Quite a bit, as it turns out! There is, you see, an increasing divide between those tangible elements of life and living, and the plethora of virtual intimations of a pseudo life and living which reach, and tempt us, via the communication devices, the media organs and the incessant disorientation of our senses which living anywhere in the modern world involves. All of which is prelude to reminding the reader of what was brought forwards in the story here ALL FALL DOWN - Mapping the "hyperreality" of false flag dissimulation

    • But of course, it’s not only in the areas of gender relations or ethnic frictions where the issue of power relations comes into play. The religious component ofthe dynamic in the muddled east – where wars over territory and booty are driven by religious factionalism as much as intra-state aggression – has long been a prime exemplification of the way “power” – in the sense of vital human energies endemic to all of our species - are sequestered and distorted by cliques– usually male – who use cultural narratives to vampirize followers and/or subject populations.

    When we discuss the little understood tradition of Tengri as a religion of the Altaic peoples, and possible progenitor of both Christianity and Buddhism, there’s little reason – at the outset – to suppose it to be much different in structure and intent from other, better known patrilinear, patriarchal traditions. Yet examples present right into this moment demonstrate the possibility of there having been alternate social relations built into in from far back! As shown in the story “When We Dance, the Earth Will Shake” the Alevi tradition alive in Anatolia still today is an egalitarian one in which men and women harmonious participate without hierarchy, and respect and tolerance for ‘the other’ is central to the theology. It’s roots being firmly planted in the soil of Tengri tradition, it’s hard not to imagine an unbroken stream of non-hierarchal spiritual teachings being the source of this religion of tolerance, which traveled to Anatolia with the Turkic invasion!
    It’s consistent with what Murad Adji writes:

    The churches of the Caucasus, which, together with Kipchaks remain faithful to the God, maintained some connections with the Türks. In essence, that was what was once was called the Eastern Church.
    Tengrianism was distinguished by freedom, it did not have the administration like the Papacy. In the Eastern tradition, critical issues were resolved in "circle", at the councils which were called up as necessary. The Türks did not administer their spiritual lives, their custom was different. And this was their minus, relying on God, they blundered themselves. The Türkic clergy seemed have forgotten that the Europe for them was a "stranger monastery", where ruled "its own canon"! The Türks there also were behind because of their conservatism and boundless stubbornness.

    A weakness of Tengrianism turned out even in that that in contrast with the Western church, where services were conducted in Latin, it used the local languages. The desire to have the service understandable turned into a disaster, was brought division that led to disunity, divided flock into national areas and states. In other words, the Spiritual Institute of the Great Steppe was scattering, it has never been unified, monolithic ... And that also was taken as arms by the Vatican. The Papal intelligence worked brilliantly.
    Encountering the European culture, Tengrianism suffered damage because of its lack of organization. The Europe really had its customs and rules. From that followed vulnerability.
    The West did not accept the freedom of spirit of the Great Steppe, did not tolerate it in their clergy. Their views on culture and values it first displayed at the 325 AD Council of Nicaea, and then at 451 AD Council of Chalcedon. There, the church was formed primarily as an organization!
    The Greeks figured out that the Türks would not take a role of a head of the Christian Church, that became the Byzantine emperor Constantine, and not the Türk to whom Constantine was paying tribute! In Rome, up to the 9th century too, the Christian Church was ruled by an emperor. And in the Dasht-i-Kipchak that did not exist, never! The Türkic Khans never conceived about a power over the Church, which was understood as power over God. The Khans simply were not admitted to the solution of the church affairs. The secular and religious in the Great Steppe each lived their own lives.
"
    that we might develop this picture of a non-hierarchal, localized and unadministered spiritual tradition, which, it can be argued, might even have ‘evolved’ out of the original centrality of the feminine to it’s structure – there are historical evidence of the Altaic peoples – just as with the Hebrews – having female shamans, priestesses and diviners long before males were allowed to usurp those functions. So a less complete cooptation oforignally female roles could possibility explain the difference which still exists between the rigidly male Abrahamic religious hierarchies and the remaining vestiges of “Tengriansim” in its Alevi form.

    Structure and rigidity are males formulations – biologically dictated one could add! But taken to the extreme, they are pathological developments of social mal-adaptation and psychosis. Our present societies seem to have those phenomena in over-abundance! Always the quest for an elusive middle ground where flexibility and rigidness cohabitate can be undertaken.
    Finally - drawn from one story I regret having tarried so long in completing and then neglecting to present to it's potential readership -
    Mixed Sentiments - pt 3 - of The Myth of Capital (with images) • SuaveBel

    "Thus, the core argument of this series is not to be found in the quibbling over what means are to be employed for a rebalancing of society, what measures must be taken to retrieve the occidental economies from their perilous state, or even what devices should be sought by individuals seeking to protect themselves from the inevitable consequence of this systemic pursuit of the irrational. Instead of such advocacy, the desire driving me to examine the myth of capital is to simply provide an epitaph by which this doomed occidental civilization can be properly understood in retrospect. A reprise, in other words, of ‘a civilization and its discontents’… not to cure, but to properly bury… so as to create the conditions for moving on. Join me, if you choose, as I carry on with the journey, through time out of mind, in pursuit of what comes next, and what has gone before."

    The mounted horsemen of the Black Flag militias pictured in our featured graphic for this story are the direct descendants of the Scythian warriors who rode out of the East with the secrets to what would one day become "Europe" - and ourselves - in their midst. In stark contrast to the colonialist garrisons as pictured in our Syrian Endgame graphic - they fought for themselves and their people, not the avarice and greed of faraway moneymen. As such, Makhnov's riders are both prologue and epilogue to our story. A story of LAND - AND - LIBERTY. Our story, if we claim it.
    From Thales and Anaximander to Heidegger and then Baudrillard. Now, in search of wise women & men from even further back - in our hidden history. I can't tell you how excited I am to at last be firmly in the saddle and cantering along the storied trail I always knew was meant for me to follow.

    Whence things have their origin,
    Thence also their destruction happens,
    According to necessity;
    For they give to each other justice and recompense
    For their injustice
    In conformity with the ordinance of Time.