BARBAROUS RELIQUARY: The Book - a Preface

Posted by Yunus E Yunus E

Since the decline of outright "Empire" as the dominant model of both political ambition and financial fortune, the "nation state" has figured in the lexicon of political discourse as the primary form by which humankind organizes into territorial structure and economic form.

As such, the concept it implies - of 'states,' - be they republics, dominions, principalities or kingdoms - governing by means of a sovereignty granted via vote franchise, inherited bloodlines, or ideological sleight of hand, has remained a sacrosanct principal of so-called 'political science.' To call into question the idea of the "nation state," therefore, is to equally challenge the notion of 'political science' itself!
I propose to do both on these pages.

If such a plan should appear a mere tilt at windmills, the proposition can be defended in a clear and simple manner. If nation states of whatever form were truly 'sovereign,' then inevitably their form of currency and means of exchange would reflect that status. Yet even the most casual inspection of the field - both present and past - shows that they do not, and seldom ever have! Whether large or small, 'reserve currency' or mere local script, the power of putative nation states to control their own financial destinies has long been rendered a fiction, by flows of capital which move internationally without regard of state policies, policing, or preference.

Even in the case of putative 'superpower' states with huge economic and military clout, the fiction of sovereign power is dispelled instantly upon close inspection. A 'central bank,' for instance, owned by a consortium of money houses corporately based outside the jurisdiction and control of the entity known to us as the "United States of America" disqualifies by definition the notion of national sovereignty on all but the conceptual plane.

 Neither the presence of placeholder authorities nor administrative titles with wide powers assigned them can keep the fiction from falling to pieces. Equally, an entity known as the "City of London" with charter that disentangles its operations from any oversight or control from the putative 'nation state' where it operates, puts paid to whatever meaning 'sovereign nation state' implies. Were it otherwise, modern history, as well as that of the distant past, would look quite different.

All of which is quite well known to large numbers of people, and I don't propose it as anything new or insightful. What makes the recounting worthwhile is the question it leads to in logical sequence. If national entities of whatever kind have no real economic 'independence' from the financial forces which control flows of capital - and thus - countries, why do we continue believing in their fictional powers and status? Entertaining that question is the first step to penetrating the veil of mystery which hangs over the deeper question which will drive our enquiries here: why, in light of so much putative 'progress' of the economic, technologic and scientific kind, has humankind collectively staggered from crisis to crisis,war to war, the stakes and danger of total annilation growing with each cycle? Why is the pattern of that cycle so repetitive - if, as it is said - history only rhythms but not repeats?

Now that we've reached the point of defining our purpose here - which is to search out the real answers to the questions just posed - I'd like to begin by noting that it is an investigation which has been done by others before us, with results which are as interesting for the fact that their conclusions remain almost totally obscure & unknown, as for the conclusions themselves. To be successful detectives, in other words, we must examine both the data to hand, and the matter of its broadcast, or lack thereof! If conclusions drawn from wide ranging sources, collated and analysed in objective and empiric fashion, fail to find any outlet in the orthodox fields of social science or medias of communication - there must be a reason. And it just could be one covert enough to be susceptible of being termed a "conspiracy," in form or effect. If the true course of our political and social 'evolutions' on this planet remains hidden from inspection, the motive of those responsible for such a smudging of the record must indeed be 'suspect.'

Having inserted in the last paragraph, a couple of terms which can only be understood as allusions to the presence of 'crimes' of one sort or another, I'd like to move directly to the matter of who it is who has gone before us in this territory. One of them, of C19th provenance, actually titled one of his many books regarding our field of enquiry "A History of Monetary Crimes." The second author - perhaps less blunt, but more focused - named his major work "The Babylonian Woe." The third member of our 'triad' of greatness is entirely more obscure in both his titling and his conclusions, yet ironically, at the end of the day of even more profoundly revealing in his revelations. Marshall McLuhan is not someone commonly thought of as either 'revolutionary' nor radical. His deep conservatism and erudite scholasticism would seem to militate against either description. Yet, it was McLuhan himself who said - "Only the traditionalist can be radical."  And such a succinct yet penetrating bon mot might well serve - as our guiding motto here! Non-aligned to any faction of ideology, political or religious persuasion, uninterested in the visions of 'environmentalists,' 'new agers,' 'old-timers,' equally, or trendy fashions in the intellectual world, this author and the space he anchors here will be guided by the bright stars of past scholarship and integral visionaries -both known and unknown.'

Indeed, the previous steps in investigatory work which I myself have taken over the past decade ultimately came to bring me right up to some artificial boundaries which commonly stop a writer from going any further in such direction. After becoming a somewhat inadvertent witness to what I would later describe as the biggest mass public illusion since 911, I found myself wandering the highlands of ancient Anatolia with a dread presence of death so proximate as to make the skin crawl. Make no mistake – the ‘presence of death’ and the ‘presence of the dead’ are not to be confused. The latter quality is one which both invigorates and inspires my life; the former is something I dread as much as the next person. At any rate, it is the boundaries tween life and death which I bumped up against – as described in this story from the old platform – Anatolia Calling – The TERROR STATE Has Arrived!

After spending some time wandering the liminal passages between the two, I returned to the present dimension with a greatly heightened sense of both – and an amazement at how the things I’d only read about of the distant practices and patterns of the ancestors had suddenly entered my life with a resounding ‘reality.’ This would not only ground me in a further responsive and open frame for my investigative historical work, but make clear connections between myself and others on both sides of that no longer solid boundary which had eluded full consciousness before!

What could be more helpful to the student of the past than the denizens of the past come up to the margins of the present, in shadowy but ‘hyperreal’ form which ritualizes the mundane with a scent of the sacred? Here, where the distant past in literally strewn around on all sides, invisible in plain sight, the presence of the past is as visceral as one wishes it to be. And most wish it to be not at all, for fear of what could be revealed through the too direct contact with the real! “Real” terror I personally find to be more available in the immediate present of our collective ‘post-reality’ epoch, when medias manipulate storylines, governments manipulate weather, as well as poison their citizens, and counting houses manipulate financial reality with regularity. The terrors of the past are small compared to those contemporary monsters. Well then....

Though our trio of trail guides seems hardly the stuff from which empires of orthodoxy get upended, or our notions of history radically revised, by the end of our excursion together here, both those accolades will seem suitable to apply towards them. An exegesis of the fields of history and socio-economics is the device which we will use to bring that end about, fearing not for the 'obscurity' of our sources, nor their unorthodoxy of precis. It is the very failure of orthodox historiography, of the 'social sciences' as a whole, to shed more light on our past than they hide which present us with our chance.

McLuhans "The Place of Thomas Nashe in the Learning of His Time," his PHD thesis finished in 1943 and as a history of “The Trivium,” one of the epochal works of own time, likewise seems a tome unlikely to ignite dynamite under established order of things. Yet its own bizarre history – a pinnacle of creative achievement in the English language, of which his thesis advisor, F.P. Wilson, chair of the English Department at the University of London said: “I learned more from that thesis, than from anything else I’ve read in my lifetime,” is seminal to our entire story here. One of the most well know – and well regarded – public intellectuals of his time, an author whose publisher had sold literally hundreds of thousands of copies of his books worldwide, never found a publisher for what was arguably his most important work! At the height of his fame, McLuhan was suddenly shut out of the literary world, by a cabal of publishers whose identity and allegiances we will KEENLY pursue.

And note, in passing, how they correspond with the motives and allegiances of the chief characters behind the scenes of the works of our other two authorial guides. We have fallen into a cultural war as deadly to our continued existence as a people, as any military war could be. Yet the enemy remains almost always concealed, and many of those who are most imperiled are complicit in that concealment.

This space marks the beginning of the end of that time in the shadows.... or is it the end of the beginning... of our return to claim our own history as the western peoples? We shall see. In closing off this preface, it’s worthy to remember the words of perhaps the greatest military strategist and leader the west has ever seen – at least since Alexander. Arthur, Duke of Wellington, the man who beat Napoleon, or led the troops more correctly, who would. After one of the worst of the Penninsular War battles which marked his rise to full heights of generalship, he is recorded as saying, “A hard pounding,gentlemen. Let us see who pounds the longest.”

7 Comments

John John

Re: BARBAROUS RELIQUARY: The Book - a Preface

As the current world order is going through the odor of perhaps a final rinse phase, your work is most readily needed. And, with a four year old daughter knocking on the age of entering an `education' system, is extremely pertinent to my life and her future.
Yunus E Yunus E

Re: BARBAROUS RELIQUARY: The Book - a Preface

This post was updated on .
I've been mulling over a response to that J. It strikes a chord, you see, with where I was,  decades ago, at similar juncture.... and having NOT THE SLIGHTEST IDEA of what was being unleashed pon our world. Yes, the very first signs of the massive psyop by which societies were to be fundamentally altered, and the core identities of the people within them to be radically 'revised'... but... it would take many years - and tears - to put the pieces together.

Looking back at what happened to my own family, and myself....now... your comment fills me with dread frankly, knowing just how far they have advanced that program in the interval. Yet... I choose to throw that dread off, in favor of reminding myself that I found a way through that hell... and if I did, anybody can. Well, maybe not anybody.... but I suspect your chances are better than most. Forewarned is forearmed, yes?

John John

Re: BARBAROUS RELIQUARY: The Book - a Preface

Knowledge is the biggest threat to our global enemy, hence their increasing efforts to control the Internet, and even the book publishing world via their man Bezos. If he's a man that is. If there was to be an example of a cyborg, I believe an artist would create an image strikingly similar to Bezos.

Case in point is with my wife, a Chinese Medicine doctor of the old school in China. More and more of the ancient Chinese medicine literature is being `made unavailable', an interesting choice of words by the Chinese publishers. Leaving one to ponder the great Why question. As it goes, the global pharma tentacles are reaching deeper and deeper into that society and what a competitor to their Make Illness Great Again franchise an actual health system that works would be. So she has been instructed by me to gather up ALL remaining books lickety-quick before the veil falls for good.

But thankfully here, in the land of MAGA, there are still loads of material available on the Trivium based education model, networks of homeschoolers and even a select group of charter schools that are using the classical model.

Hope and prayers to us all!
Yunus E Yunus E

Re: BARBAROUS RELIQUARY: The Book - a Preface

J:

Once again you've given me a nod in the direction of 'inspiration' = the position of 'medicine' at the center of every important strand of this investigation. On my original platform - vestigialvision.com - this quote of Ivan Illich ...

 "We have lost, irretrievably, a way of being human. And although there still remains, in our flesh almost, the vague presence of something which has been, I do not see how such an ephemera can be passed on to our children. Standing beyond the edge of an extraordinarily rich and varied epoch, we must now face the sad loss of gender"

stood as subheader on every post. Illich, if you haven't yet run into his work, was a key social commentator of the 1960s, his books redolent with insights which took square aim at the 'cultural revolution'/culture war going on unspoken all around us at that time.... without seeming to be discordant with the general trend of rebellion. Ahead of his time is a grave understatement.

One of those works  - "Limits to Medicine: Medical Nemesis- the Expropriation of Health" - obviously dealt with the subject of 'medicine' ... but in a way which would leave all other contemporary (and subsequent)evaluations of that subject so far behind in the dust as to make it clear just how impoverished the sphere of public debate has become in the interval. This post delves into why that is so in far better style than anything I could say about it.

I will limit my own comment to this: Illich, faced with diagnosed cancer, determined that he would refuse all 'therapy' and merely continue with living for as long as living was an option. There was A LOT of pain, he never wavered in his resolve. The man LIVED his Life and LIVED his philosophy. I am totally in awe, and will remain so.

What does any of that have to do with the subject at hand? The INTRODUCTION to the Barbarous Reliquary book - as you shall shortly see here - begins in it'svery  first paragraph to dissect the legacy of 'medicine,' in the form of  a medieval practitioner of it named "MAIMONIDES" .... a judaic 'philosophier' who was court physician to the inimitable Saladin, as well as key instrument for the talmudization of the west. As Moncrieff writes, in that post I've linked just above....

"Difficult as this is to write as a doctor, there is something inherently degrading about medicine."

There is also, I might say, something inherently degrading about being degraded... in the way that the west is slowly being subjected to just that, by way of a toxification of our physical bodies at the same time as the toxification of our minds. That this is happening in tandem is not an 'accident' ... the inheritors of MAIMONIDES, you see, are determined that death by slow poison should be our fate. And they are willing to provide no end of 'palliative' medicine to make it as comfortable - and unnoticeable - as possible.

"TCM" was a integral part of my survival. One of its most authentic practitioners in the west, happened to be an intimate companion of mine. When I ended up finally, in China, to see for myself milieu out of which that knowledge had sprung, I realized at last that the abasement of knowledge and culture was as complete in the East as it was in the West; I concur entirely with your wife about the loss.

Keep the comments coming - the book is already the better for your contribution = I believe I'll have to work Illich in!
John John

Re: BARBAROUS RELIQUARY: The Book - a Preface

This post was updated on .
Medicine indeed. Pythagoras may have been one of the last in the West to have an inkling as to what it should be and he wrapped the idea of it in the concept of harmony. Being in harmony with the universe, its music and beauty. And as Plato well stated: Let me control a country's music and I will control its destiny. Or something to that effect. Perhaps Rothschild lifted his oft quoted statement from him.

If one removes the beauty, think modern art and architecture, disrupts the music as was fulfilled in the Hippy Revolution in America, man himself is knocked out of harmony and its natural resonance and health. While the New Bolsheviks were laying waste to historic China with their Cultural Revolution extermination, these same forces were at work in the West with their changes first and foremost in this music arena. With that corner stone knocked out, the Rock was easy to Roll. And they indeed rolled it. Turning a natural, inherent centrifugal process into a chaos generating centripetal spin out in that vastness of madness.

They have the Chinese madly chasing money and glamour and have become the vast traveling horde of embarrassment that the Americans once were during their sojourn to Europe.

Thankfully I believe the human Spirit to be inextinguishable and perhaps now in these dark days its glow can once again turn a bright red. And not the orange residing in the WH. LOL.

I will look into Ivan Ilich. Catherine Austin Fitts had as a theme of her year end wrap-up the question of choice. How society needs to consciously choose a human or a non-human future. A question, unfortunately, the cell phone clutching masses are ill prepared to even comprehend.

Keep it coming.
new game new game

Re: BARBAROUS RELIQUARY: The Book - a Preface

all the answers remain within the realm of self reliance. the world of genuine essential oils revives the past present and future of healing and self therapy. an application of the natural world and science. and it works.
presently i conduct my self studies of  relevance, need, and placebo. nothing to note.
i am ready to read further. this seems to be bringing to light 20 years of studies and lifelong doubt about what is real.
as far as raising offspring goes, we do the best with what we know, learn and who we are from our parents.
the success of that is to be thanks given to my parents. sure, it has regrets as we learn more, but that is the past, not to be held against oneself. I did homeschooling, but under the pressure to socialize my kids, i gave into their desires. maybe not a bad decision after all. as i let them make their decisions and live by the consequences, it become a simple get out the way, the work is done formula. the goal is adult/adult relations for life rewarding relationship of non-superiority.
Yunus E Yunus E

Re: BARBAROUS RELIQUARY: The Book - a Preface

Welcome, NG;

A big believer in natural remedies and 'self-healing' myself. We are lucky enough to have the amazing tree which gives the frankincense oil in this part of the world - along with rosemary and thyme and dozens of other healing herbs from which oils can be extracted. \however/and to make it relevant to the overall theme here -

starting in 2011, I watched as the government started to move against both self-reliance and natural remedies... first banning chiropractic(if you can believe that!)and shortly after, all import of natural remedies. In order to increase the peoples reliance upon the medical mafiya and pharmaceutical mafiya. You don't happen to know the primary ownership of either of those two fields do you?   Take a wild guess!